What is Covered
All products manufactured by R.M. YOUNG COMPANY are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from date of shipment from our factory. To be considered for warranty coverage an item must be evaluated either at our factory or by an authorized distributor.
What Is Not Covered
The customer is responsible for all costs associated with the removal, reinstallation and shipping of suspected warranty items to our factory.
Consumables such as bearings etc.
The warranty does not cover equipment that has been damaged due to the following conditions:
- Improper installation or abuse
- Operation of the instrument outside of its specified operating range
- Natural occurrences such as lightning, fire, etc.
- Unauthorized modification
- Improper or unauthorized repair
Who Is Covered
This warranty covers the original purchaser of the product or other party who may own it during the warranty period.
What We Will Do
At no charge we will:
- Either repair or replace (at our option) the item under warranty.
- Ship the item back to the customer by the carrier of our choice.
Different or expedited shipping methods will be at the customer’s expense.
How To Return An Item
- A Return Materials Authorization (RMA) form is available on our Web site (www.youngusa.com) under Service & Support. An RMA Number is assigned by the customer. We then use your assigned number for tracking of the service item. Fill in the form as completely as possible and include it with the shipment. Warranty items may not be returned without prior authorization.
- Place the RMA number on the outside of the shipping container.
- Return the item with freight pre-paid and fully insured to our factory address shown below. We are not responsible for any costs associated with the transportation of products across international borders.
At time of purchase, warranty terms may be extended beyond the standard one (1) year period at a cost of 1% of published list price per month.